Hello Amazing Kinder Parents,
As we begin our spooky week here are a few reminders:
1. Please note that students may wear Halloween Costumes for our Costume Parade ONLY. The Halloween Costume Parade will begin at 8:30 am to 9:30 am on the blacktop after teachers have taken attendance. Parents must sign in at the office if staying for the parade. Students must follow the following guidelines:
- NO masks or makeup, weapons (fake guns, swords, sickles, etc. or props (broomsticks, light savers, etc.).
- Costumes are to be tastefull and appropriate (no foul language or messages).
- Blood, guts, and gore are not allowed.
- Wear costumes on top of their clothes and remove after the parade. For safety purposes, students will not be allowed to go to the bathroom to change.
- Costumes must not require teacher or parent assistance.
- Students are responsible for the care of their costumes. The school is not responsible for costumes that are lost or damaged.
2. Oma’s field trip is this Wednesday. Please send you child to school with a disposable lunch in a plastic/paper bag (no plastic containers, silverware from home etc). They should have on comfortable shoes (no ballet flats please!).
3. If your child buys lunch you still need to send them to school with a snack. They are very hungry by our recess time!
4. Friday, November 1 7:45 am – 10:00 am Dia De Los Muertos Displays in Auditorium
LEARNING FOR THE WEEK
Language Arts: Each week we learn to identify 2 letters (upper and lowercase), their sounds, and correct formation. Please review the letters with your child we have covered so far.
This week’s letters: Ee, Yy
Spanish: Ll, Qq
Sight Words: We learn 2-3 sight words per week. Our goal is a total of 100 sight words by the end of Kindergarten! Sight words should be words that your child can read in 2 seconds.
This week’s sight words: need, play, put
Spanish: nosotros, tenemos, somos
Math: This week we are learning the foundations of addition up to 5 using a number bond, 10 frame and the following sentence frames:
______ and ______ is ______ ______ is _______ and _______
______ + _______ = _______ _______ = _______ + ________
Social Studies: Native Americans/Pilgrims
Science: Why do living things have different needs? (all about plants and animals)